Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

I (finally) took Kylie & Emma to see Alvin & The Chipmunks:  The Squeakquel.  This was Emma's first movie and she loved it. 

What a great show and now movie.  I remember watching Alvin & The Chipmunks as a kid, loving the mischief Alvin always got in while his brothers Simon & Theodore tried to lear him away.  Their human dad, Dave, whenever something went wrong, knew it was Alvin at the core of the problem, though in Alvin's eyes he was only trying to do something for the good.

This show is that again.  It is about Alvin, Simon & Theodore going to high school, and being the unpopular kids.  While Alvin tries to "fit in" and gain his popularity, he does things that are not acceptable to Simon & Theodore.  The school needs to win a musical contest, of which the boys enter, though there is a set back - Alvin's trying to fit in with the popular boys.  Then comes three cuten chimpettes, Brittany, Eleanor and Jeanette,who also enter the singing contest.  I don't want to give too much away,but I will say this will definately be a purchase made by our household.

This is a movie that will always hold a memory for Emma & me.  This being Emma's first movie and a musical at that.  Emma stood up in the isle and started dancing to the music.  The look on her face, the smile, the joy, the laughter - definately a memory in my mind I will always remember. 

Mark your calendars for March 30th for this movie.  I will be looking for coupons and once I find them, I will post them for everyone.

This is a posting of my opinion of the movie.

No comments: