Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Monday's Menu

Ok, so I know it is Tuesday, but come next week and the weeks following, this will be published every Monday (or Sunday night if I can figure out the menu for the week).


In trying to save my family money, I am going to try to cook with products I have in my home. If you know me, you know that I am a stocker-upper. I have stockpile in everything, from pens, to toiletries, to food - you name it, I have it!

I caught a GREAT sale with chicken a few weeks ago, so I am trying to figure out ideas of what I can make where my family won’t get sick of chicken and I won’t have to go to the supermarket other than the few items we use on a daily basis and for freebies with coupons! I have an additional freezer in our basement that is filled with chicken.  I am going to try and incorporate as many chicken dishes as I can get in the next few weeks.

Ok, so here is my dinner menu for this week:

Monday - Turkey and Bacon club sandwiches (they were delicious)

Tuesday - Chicken BLT Quesadillas and Chicken Tacos with Spanish Rice

Wednesday - Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs and Homemade Sauce (made on Sunday).

Thursday - Chicken wraps with avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and red pepper dressing.

Friday - Homemade Pizza (BBQ Chicken and a Cheese pizza on whole wheat dough - yummy)

Saturday - My husband is working a double, so this is going to be a leftover night for us (no cooking - yippee).

Sunday - Marinated Italian Chicken on the grill, Italian Green Beans (yummy), and twice baked potato.

If you would like the recipes for any of the above dishes, please let me know and I will post them.

No comments: