Friday, June 11, 2010

Pressure Cooker: Recipe, Day 2

Ok, so today is my second day with the brand new Cook's pressure cooker and I couldn't wait to get home from work to cook.  I made beef tips in it - so easy and so delicious!!!   Recipe as follows:

2 lbs beef tips
1/2 cup flour
salt & pepper
14 ounce can stewed tomatoes
1 onion diced
2 cups beef broth
red wine
3 tblspn. flour

Put flour, salt and pepper in bowl, add beef tips to coat.  Place in bottom of pressure cooker.  Add onion, stewed tomatoes, beef broth - cover and cook.  At the end mix the 3 tablespoons of flour with red wine to make a paste - add to cooker to thicken.

While the beef tips are cooking, I made rice.  In 20 minutes this meal was completely cooked. Cooked so well, the beef tips were falling apart with a fork.  How I LOVE my new pressure cooker.  Though the broth didn't thicken as much as I would have liked, m family still loved it.

Sadly, I am taking a break tonight from using my pressure cooker as Kylie has a Beach Party at school I am attending with her, and plus, Friday is pizza night!  I can't even begin to imagine cooking that in a pressure cooker!

Happy Cooking!

No comments: