Sunday, July 18, 2010

Saratoga Race Track: 2010 Open House (Sunday 7/18, 11am - 4pm)

So, today was going to be a beautiful day for an outing, lucky for us, it was Saratoga Race Track's 2010 Open House - celebrating their 30th anniversary of Open House.  Hmm, a beautiful day, nothing to do (other than clean the house, but I had no problem pushing that aside for another time), and something the kids would enjoy (and free to bat!)  Ok, so I picked my friend Kim up and her daughter, Danielle, my two daughters, Kylie & Emma, and of course me, piled into my good ole "mom mobile" (aka minivan), and we headed to the race track!

On the way there, I was dreading the parking, and where it was that we would be walking from.  Now mind you, the last time I attended this it was when Kylie was 2, and it was packed, and we parked a good mile (at least) away.  The walk was dreadful, but again, once you made it in, it was well worth it.

So, we get to Saratoga Race Track (Exit 14 off the Northway) and wouldn't you know it - parking directly across the street from the main entrance.  Wow, this was going to be a good day after all.

We park (which was free), got out trustworthy Radio Flyer wagon out from the trunk of the van and packed that up with our bags of snack foods for the kids, waters and juice boxes, oh yeah, and the rest of the gang.

We walk into the park and it is full of activities for the kids (either free, or minimally priced), tons of people and vendors, and lots of them!  It was a wonderful day.

Kylie, Emma & Danielle participated in Spin Art, Sand Art, a few games, Picture Perfect Magnets, Face Painting, tattoos and lots of fun!  (I am sad to say I forgot to pack my camera so I took a picture of the girls faces once we got home.)



We will definately be attending next year, though we decided to make a full day out of it.  Since this starts at 11am, we are planning on getting there around that time, and packing a lunch to bring with us.  We are going to hit the bouncy bounce, Coca Cola climbing wall and Pony Rides first thing because like us, all other kids want to do them too and the lines are just too long.

So remember, mark your calendars for July 2011 and definately plan on bringing the family to Saratoga Race Track for a great, and free, day!

(Well, it wasn't free for me, because I had to check out the vendors and if you know me, you know that I love dips, and of course I had to buy 4 new dips.  I can't wait to make them for my family and friends - they too will love them!)

We were glad to be a part of Saratoga Race Track 2010 and look forward to 2011...  See you next year!

No comments: