Monday, August 16, 2010

It's a Date!

With three kids, both of us working full-time jobs, and always on the run, we try to make time for each other as much as we can. Today was that day and what a day it was.

We awoke at 8:45 a.m. with no alarms - for a Monday, that was a treat.  We made coffee, breakfast and got the kids ready, showered and out the door.  We dropped Emma off at daycare and then the three of us, Danny, Kylie and myself, ventured the hour drive up to Lake George to drop Kylie off at my parents for the week.  A week full of Great Escape, bike riding, outlet shopping, etc.  What fun she will have.

Well, after we dropped her off, it was after 11, we decided to begin our date at the outlets.  Might as well get a little shopping in while we were up here.  We checked out Nine West, Gymboree, Osh Kosh and the SunGlass Hut.  The only item we purchased was a pair of skinny jeans for Kylie at Osh Kosh for $10 (I thought that was a deal).

We got in the car and decided to check out Saratoga - downtown Saratoga in the daytime.  I have lived in upstate New York my entire life and the only time I have ever gone to Saratoga was for the races or dancing at night time, I have never walked the town - nor walked the town with my husband.

Saratoga Springs is known mostly for the horse racing (Saratoga Race Track).   The race track is kicking in the summer bringing people from far and near.  All throughout Saratoga, there are statues of horses painted from local artists.  Here is a picture of one.


How awesome is this painting?  Such beautiful work.

Today was iffy for the weather, so with umbrella in tow, we parked the car on Broadway, got out and walked hand-in-hand down the street.  We saw shops we never knew were there, some of unknown name and others of names we not only knew, but we shopped at before.  Of course we had to stop at The Candy Co. and purchase some delicious chocolate.  Danny ended up getting caramels, as he loves caramel candy, and me, of course I had to try the Chocolate Caramel Truffles (though I held off until after lunch).

It was almost 2 by now and we were starving.  We came across this little cafe called CIRCUS CAFE.  We ate on the patio which was awesome because I LOVE to people watch - it was the perfect day.  Danny & I both decided to have a wrap and we would share, so he decided on the Buffalo Chicken Wrap ($9.99) and I decided on the Rachel ($8.99) (I thought it was going to be a wrap though it wasn't, but after biting into it I was not disappointed at all).  Boy, did he get the raw deal on this.  Trust me, both sandwiches were delicious, but the Rachel - omg, it was out of this world.  I can't even begin to explain how yummy this easy to make sandwich is.  It was roasted turkey with the right amount of Swiss cheese on it and Russian dressing on Rye bread.  It comes with coleslaw on it, but since I was sharing this sandwich with my husband and he doesn't like coleslaw, I asked for it on the side, which they did.

Here is a picture of our sandwiches:
Not the best picture because Dan took it and as you can see, this is his plate (Buffalo Chicken Wrap),and mine is on the top, which you cannot see the sandwich,but trust me, it was the BEST!.

If you ever get the chance to go to Saratoga Springs, I would highly recommend this place, and moreso the RACHEL SANDWICH.  YUMM-E.

Circus Cafe is located at 392 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, New York 518/583-1106.  Serving Lunch and Dinner 7 Days a week 11am - 10pm.  Happy Hour/Late Night Bar/Catering/Private Back Room.

They even have Entertainment:
Book Club 1st Monday of the Month at 7pm (Sept - June)
Open Mic every Thursday at 10pm
Karaoke the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday at 10pm
Nouveau Jazz Beat the 2nd and 4th Saturday at 10pm
Trivia Mania every Sunday at 8pm

Ok, our lunch was over, we paid and got up to walk it off (and did we ever need to walk because the size of the plates were huge and we both ate as much as we could).  We continued walking hand-in-hand down Broadway, talking, laughing and site-seeing.  It was an awesome date.

Time was getting the better of us on our date, as it was nearing 4:00 and we had to pick up Emma from daycare, so there we went - off to get our baby.  When we got Emma, she started to cry and told us her ears hurt.  Oh no, my baby doesn't feel well.  To make a long story short - we called the doctor, they got her right in and she has double ear infections - Amoxicillin to the rescue! 

We then went over to our friends house to visit with them and a few other couples as a dear friend of ours is in town and they were leaving tomorrow, so we wanted to see them one last time before they venture back to Florida (I so wish I could fit in their suitcase!).  We stayed for a few hours and then it was getting late.  We had to get Emma home in to bed, get us ready for work tomorrow and end our date. 

We got home, put Emma to bed, made lunch for tomorrow, made our coffee for the morning and guess what?  Danny was a gentlemen and I got a kiss goodnight!  Did you think I wouldn't?

This was the best, by far, date I had in a long time.  I so love my husband and love the fact that after all of our busy days and nights, and all the stress we have on a daily basis of 3 kids, that when we spend time together it's like there is no-one else there, just us, two people who fell in love years ago and it's still there, though getting stronger every day.  Thanks babe for an awesome date, and I look forward to our next!

No comments: