Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WEIGHT WATCHERS LOSE-A-PALOOZA (September 14, 2010)

Growing up I was alwas the "thin" girl, and could eat everything and anything.  That I feel is part to my fast metabolism, and plus I was always on-the-go.  Now, in my thirtys, happilly married with three beautiful children, I only wish I had that stelt body, though with a little more meat as I was quite thin.  I, today, am "content" with my figure, however, I would love to lose about 20 lbs.  Growing up with an overweight mother, I know first hand how hard it is to lose weight and the evilness behind peoples stares.  It is not very nice, nor is it very easy.  Being overweight is not all about excessive eating, sometimes it is just your metabolism and it may not work into over-drive like on others.  There are programs out there, and one is Weight Watchers.

From this, the one thing I try to instill in my family is to never, ever waste food.  To either start with smaller portions on your plate or try to finish all of what you give yourself.  There are too many people in this world who do not have any food, or means to getting it.  That is where Lose-A-Palooza comes in.  Lose-A-Palooza is a one-day social media event created to encourage participation in the Lose For Good® campaign to benefit Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger.



As part of the Lose For Good campaign, Weight Watchers will donate $1, up to a maximum of $60,000, to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger for each approved mention, acknowledgment or action related to “Lose For Good” made on September 14th through blogs, Twitter, Facebook and check-in via foursquare.

Important note: there is a difference between Lose For Good and Lose-A-Palooza. Lose For Good is a 7-week campaign, Lose-A-Palooza, on the other hand, is a one-day event as part of the Lose For Good campaign. The event runs one day only – September 14th – and its objective is to drive as much social media awareness as possible for Lose For Good. Every time Lose For Good is mentioned using an approved method on 9/14, Weight Watchers will track the mention and donate a dollar – up to $60,000.
PLEASE get involved by visiting Weight Watchers/Lose For Good and doing what you can to get the word out on September 14, 2010.  Every little mention will help Weight Watchers achieve their goal of donating $1.00, up to a donation amount of $60,000.

If you post about this on Twitter on September 14th, please use the #LoseForGood hashtag.
Save the date 9/14 Lose-A-Palooza-1 day only-Weight Watchers donates $1 for each #LoseForGood socmed mention http://bit.ly/LoseAPalooza

Today Only! Lose-A-Palooza -Weight Watchers donates up to $1 for each #LoseForGood social media mention http://bit.ly/LoseAPalooza

So, mark your calendars with a black sharpie for September 14th and make sure to either blog, facebook or twitter about these awesome event.  Help spread the word and get Weight Watchers to meet their goal of $1 for each Lose-A-Palooza mention.

Disclosure: Through my participation in One2One Network, this post is written by me to get the word out and for a chance at winning a gift card or Weight Watchers products. All opinions are my own. I was not enticed to write a favorable review.

1 comment:

stash mama said...

heyy thanks for the follow! I am following you back now! you tried to link up for the blog hop well, hurry back! http://stashmama.blogspot.com/2010/09/2nd-psychedelic-sundays-and-giveaway.html that was the wrong hop...for future reference always hit the button on my sidebar.. lol Giveaway ends at midnight so go link up!! have a great week!