Tuesday, October 12, 2010

KT TUNSTALL: TIGER SUIT {Music Review}



Oh the genras of music.  Growing up, I truly only liked one type of music - Heavy Metal.  Yes, I was that crazy rock-n-roll chick who head banged and went to lots of concerts (can't picture it, can you?)

Now, as a mom of 3, a wife, and aged (still young though I might add), I still like heavy metal music, though I like a wider assortment. 

I was given an opportunity to review KT Tunstall's new cd:  Tiger Suit.  While I have heard of KT Tunstall before, I truly never continuously listened to her music, until now.  This album is amazing.  Her voice, the ballads, very relaxing, yet edgy (is that possible, yes, yes it is!).   This is now an album I listen to over and over in the car,together with my girls liking a few of their songs too.


Here are some facts about KT Tunstall that you may know and do not remember, or you may not know and now do:

* KT is a Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum, Scottish-born singer-songwriter


* Tiger Suit was released October 5th and her rollicking first single "Fade Like A Shadow" is already a Top 20 hit at radio.  (I love this song!)

* KT will be on tour this Fall (10/31-12/1) playing 17 US cities. Tickets are on sale now.

Oct 31   Crystal Ballroom     Portland, OR
Nov 1    Commodore Ballroom     Vancouver, BC
Nov 2    The Showbox SODO     Seattle, WA
Nov 4    Knitting Factory     Spokane, WA
Nov 5    Knitting Factory     Boise, ID
Nov 7    Knitting Factory     Reno, NV
Nov 8    Warfield Theatre     San Francisco, CA
Nov 11  The Music Box     Los Angeles, CA
Nov 12  House of Blues     San Diego, CA
Nov 16  Ogden Theatre     Denver, CO
Nov 18  Epic     Minneapolis, MN
Nov 19  The Vogue     Indianapolis, IN
Nov 21  Vic Theatre     Chicago, IL
Nov 22  The Crofoot     Detroit, MI
Nov 23  Phoenix Theatre     Toronto, ON
Nov 25  Club Soda     Montreal, QU
Nov 26  The Trocadero     Philadelphia, PA
Nov 27  9:30 Club     Washington, DC
Nov 29  House of Blues     Boston, MA
Dec 1    Terminal 5     New York, NY
__________________________________________________________________________________
* KT's previous hit songs include - the Grammy-nominated "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree," "Suddenly I See," Other Side of the World" or "Hold On".

Sounds of Tiger Suit
Tiger Suit heralds the beginning of a new musical adventure for KT. Organic instrumentation is blended with dance-friendly textures, the results of which she has dubbed “Nature Techno” to encapsulate the album’s collision of raw, upfront rootsiness and sleek electronic textures.  Check out the video here.

 
You can become a fan of KT Tunstall on Facebook by clicking here.
You can also follow KT Tunstall on Twitter by clicking here.

This album is available for purchase now and can be ordered through Amazon.
Disclosure:  Through my membership with One2One Network, I was given the opportunity to review KT Tunstall's newest cd, Tiger Suit.  The opinions written above are my own and 100% honest.  I listened to the music and now love it. 

No comments: