Monday, October 18, 2010

REALLY WOOLLY BIBLE STORIES {Book Review}


My Review
This is an awesome book if you are having a baby, or if you are going to a baby shower.  This book is made to bring god into your baby/toddler's eyes through animation.  My daughter Emma, who is going to be 4, absolutely loved it, though asked millions of questions, though at this age she does.  This would be a great book to start out reading to your little one to begin their journey of god through the eyes of pictures gearing toward the Bible Story.

My daughter, Emma's, favorite story in the entire book was "Noah".  The story is explained in 4 short paragraphs, though enough to keep kids interested.

Noah
His name was Noah, his heart was good.
He built an ark of solid wood.

The animals entered, two by two,
The cockatoo, the kangaroo.

For forty days the rain came down,
Then God sent wind to dry the ground.

He placed a rainbow in the sky,
His colorful promise, way up high!

Book Resources

Really Woolly Bible Stories
By DaySpring
Published by Thomas Nelson

Book Description
Favorite Bible stories presented with the beloved Really Woolly art style help little children discover that God is faithful and true and that Jesus, The Good Shepherd, loves them.

This case-bound padded board book from the Really Woolly® brand by DaySpring® makes it easy to share important stories from God’s Word with little children, while teaching them about God’s shepherd-like love for them. Bible stories include Creation, Noah, Abraham, Moses, the Ten Commandments, Joseph, Samson, Daniel, David and Goliath, Jonah, Jesus’ Birth, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Jesus Feeds 5,000, Jesus the Good Smaraitan, Jesus Walks on Water, Jesus’ Death & Resurrection, The Great Commission. Little ones will love the charming Really Woolly® illustrations.

Illustrations by Julie Sawyer Phillips. Stories retold by Bonnie Rickner Jensen.


I would highly recommend this book. My daughter loves the pictures and the stories, and after I read it to her, she sat and read it herself, trying to write a story based on the picture and from what I read to her.

Disclosure:  **I recieved the book I reviewed free of charge from BookSneeze. No other compensation was received. My thoughts are 100% my own and others my have different opinions. A BIG thanks to BookSneeze for the opportunity to review this great book.**

No comments: