Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti - That's What's for Dinner....

I made the most yummy casserole dish tonight for dinner - Chicken Spaghetti.

I am not a huge casserole lover, or shall I say my husband is not a huge casserole lover and because of that, I don't make them often. Until tonight!


Have you ever heard of The Pioneer Woman? Her site is amazing.  Check her out here.


The finished result - Chicken Spaghetti.....  yum, yum!

About a year ago, I came across an article of Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman in Parade Magazine and at the end of it, there were a few recipes, one of which was Chicken Spaghetti.  I was intrigued and wanted to check it out, so I cut it out and filed it away in my recipe binder.  Recently, I came across her website and did a search for "Chicken Spaghetti", and thought tonight would be the perfect night for this dish, especially since I went to Price Chopper at lunch time and they had Tyson Chicken Tenders on sale BOGO so I knew I would be making something chicken tonight. 

Thanks to my stockpile of food at home, I had everything to make this dish, except pimentos and I was lucky enough to find a small jar of already diced pimentos at the supermarket for $1.99 - one thing less I have to do!  Yippeeee...

I hurried home from work and The flavors in this dish are combined together so well, though of course, I needed to change it up a bit.  I followed the recipe verbatim; however, I added garlic powder, more black pepper, no salt as I thought the chicken broth and seasoned salt were enough for us, and I used 2 packages of boneless chicken tenderloins instead of the whole chicken cut up.  It was such a flavorful and easy to make dinner. 

Because I had almost everything at home to make this dinner, I ended up spending $4.99 for this dish ($3.00 for 2 packages of chicken and $1.99 for the pimentos).  So, because of my stockpile, this awesome dish only cost us $4.99 - that is for a family of 5 and some leftovers!  I give this dish a big whopping 10 out of 10.
If you too want to make this delicious recipe, you can get it here compliments of The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond.

Enjoy!

No comments: