Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Printable Grocery List

Happy New Year to all.

I am not a huge fan of  "Resolutions" only for the simple fact that I never stick to them.  This year, I didn't set any specific "Resolutions", except one, and so far so good (yeah, I know, it has only been 3 days!) lol

Anyhoot, since I work out of the home all day, and so does my husband, when we get home, the last thing I want to do is try to figure out what I am going to cook for dinner.  On Saturday, January 1st, my husband and I both sat down and thought we would start a menu plan for the week on Sunday.  So, we figured out the menu for the week with what foods we had in our downstairs freezer, and trust me, there is a lot!  I never realized how much stockpile of meat we had until now. 

When I put the weekly menu up on the fridge, my son was like, I really hope you stick with this list because these meals are awesome!  A great incentive to stick by, don't you think???

The next thing I needed to find is a grocery list and a good one.  One with categories big enough for me to list what I needed, though not to big, as this is just for a week, and I am hoping to have the majority of items already in my stockpile.

I came across OrgJunkie who has a fantastic grocery list.  You can check it out here.  I printed 10 of these so far and when this week's menu is planned, this handy dandy organizer will help me stop buying impulse buys at the grocery market and focus on only what I need.  Plus, I can fill in things I run low on at home to pick up - win/win!!!

Do you plan a menu?  Do you use a grocery list?  How do you plan your weekly meals???  I would love to hear.

No comments: