Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SHE SPEAKS and OWN: Oprah's Search for the Next OWN Star

Oprah Winfrey is an amazing and talented woman, who has struggled to become the woman that she is today.  A woman who has given back to so many, and now has developed her OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) network.  I have to admit while scanning the channels on my remote the other day, I happened to come across channel 43, OWN, and watched Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes (an inside look of the making of the farewell season of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" which premiered this past Saturday, January 1st at 8/7c.  It was the "behind the scenes" taping of the episode with the Judds.  It was an interesting show.  I enjoyed watching not only clips of what everyone saw on the regular network show, but also behind the scenes too of how they put the show together.

There is another show, "Ask Oprah's All Stars" which features Suze Orman, Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz answering your questions. Series Premiere Sunday, January 2nd 8/7c.

Through my membership with SheSpeaks, I was given the opportunity to review a clip of the newest upcoming show to begin on OWN premiering, Friday, January 7th 9/8c.  This show is entitled "Your OWN Show: Oprah's Search for the Next OWN Star".  Over thousands applied and 10 were chosen.  This concept is awesome.  Oprah is giving someone, just a regular Joe Shmo like you and I, the opportunity of a lifetime.  To compete wtih 9 other people like them, to win their own show on OWN.  How amazing is it?

I watched the first show and can't wait to see the second and so on.  I already, in my mind, have chosen a winner, or at least someone I would enjoy watching on tv, so I will have to continue to watch every Friday at 9:00 EST to see if my person makes it to the end.  The prize is amazing. 

So, if you are not doing anything this coming Friday, or even if you are, DVR your television to OWN, channel 43 where I live, at 9/8c, and check out Oprah's newest show.

Disclosure:  Through my membership with SheSpeaks, I was chosen to view a clip of an upcoming show indicated above for my opinion only through OWNSM.  I was not compensated in any way.  My opinions are my own and 100% true.

No comments: