Friday, July 23, 2010

Kohl's $5.00 Coupons = Savings!

I am a HUGE proponent of coupons - whether it be for a grocery store, sporting goods store, clothing store, etc., you name it, I will have a coupon for it!


Kohl's provides a $5.00 coupon when you sign up for their updates via a valid email address. This is a huge savings! $5.00 of free money just for providing your email address. Now, remember in previous posts I mentioned that I have a separate email address for accounts such as these. You can also set up a FREE account with numerous providers such as Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, just to name a few.

The following picture are products that I purchased at Kohl’s with my $5.00 off coupons. I used a $5.00 coupon for each item (separate purchases) to minimize the income coming out of my pocket. FYI - some cashiers will do this, others will not. (The items purchased were a shower curtain, floral rug, 1 floral bath towel, 2 striped bath towels, 2 striped hand towels.)

The total cost paid for everything pictured was $18.94, total savings (ready for this - drumroll please) $137.39 (that is a savings of $118.45). Now, I just need to go to the paint store and pick up a quart of one of the colors in the decor and paint a wall or half wall or something in my bathroom to coordinate everything. How exciting! Or, if I choose not to use the decor, this would be a great, and inexpensive, gift to give someone for a housewarming gift (just have to hope that it is their style).

Did you also know you can purchase Kohl’s $5.00 coupons off of ebay? Since I have exhausted all of my email addresses, this is how I obtain savings for future purchases. They usually go on sale for .99¢ for 20 coupons (yes, 20 $5.00 off coupons all with different valid email addresses). Remember to log in to your e-bay account and don’t bid until seconds before the deadline, that’s when you bid, then you have to confirm your bid and hopefully your the highest bidder! Good luck!

No comments: