Monday, August 9, 2010

How Far Would You Travel To Save Money on Coupons???

Would you travel to a store outside of your “boundary” to save money???


I am an avid reader of an assortment of blogs in the blog-o-sphere, and just stumbled on a post wherein someone traveled 1 hour and 45 minutes away from their house to a store that had unlimited triple coupons. Now, for unlimited triple coupons, I think I may have ventured that as well, but really who has unlimited triple coupons nowadays? Let’s think just unlimited double coupons for now.


Ok, so that got me thinking. Hmmmm. Where I live there are only 2 major supermarkets, Price Chopper and Hannaford. Hannaford never doubles coupons and Price Chopper seldom does, but when they do, it is 2 at a time when they print in the local newspaper, and because my husband takes the paper to work every single day I have to count on him seeing the big coupon in the paper and bringing it home, or I have to count on a friend telling me. (Usually, it is the friend telling me - go figure!)


Now, after reading this article of traveling a 1 hour and 45 minute trip to a store that allowed unlimited triple coupons I started to ponder upon the idea of driving to Vermont or past Lake George as I believe that is the location of the closest Price Chopper that doubles all coupons. Both are about a 1 hour drive from my home (depending on how fast I drive and traffic of course).  So, a 1 hour trip for double coupons. Would you? Could you? Should you?


My question to you is how far would you drive for double coupons, or triple for that matter? Is it worth it or do you feel it would be a waste???  Please leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.  I am very interested in hearing what you have got to say.


Thanks,
Tracy

No comments: