Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How to be God's Little Princess: Royal Tips on Manners and Etiquette for Girls {Book Review}


Book Description:
A fun guide book for God’s little princesses.


What does it take to be a princess? Sheila Walsh has some important answers to share for every little girl. This trendy design features black & white line art and a two-color pink and black interior. The art will tie to each how-to topic in the book—how to make the best pink cookies, how to wear a tiara, how to earn money at home, how to care for a royal dog, how to be respectful, how to use good manners, how to help Mom, how to follow Jesus, how to act like a princess when things go terribly wrong, and many more.

My Review:I received the above book through my membership with Thomas Nelson’s Booksneeze blogger program. I receive a book for free and promise to give my honest opinion in exchange.

When I saw the title of this book, I knew my daughter, Kylie, would absolutely love it, and love it she did. The day I received the book in the mail, I placed the book on the table knowing she would come out and see it, though I should have saved to put in her Easter basket, that would have been an awesome gift.

Since then, each night, Kylie reads a few chapters to me and she answers the questions after each chapter to tell what kind of a Princess she is. This book not only teaches young girls how to be a Princess, but how to wear a tiara (which since birth, she has been doing just fine with that); how to perfect her poise, how to dine with royal success, how to sparkle like a princess, to being a police princess, to so much more. After each chapter, there is also a scripture to help your princess navigate through the Lord.

I would highly recommend this book. My daughter has brought this book to school with her to share with her friends. Every little girl already is a Princess, but to have a book that helps learn different aspects of being a Princess is that much better and to be a “hands on” book.

I love the fact that this book has brought additional “mommy/daughter” time to us. It is a definite bonding experience for us both.

No comments: