I just read the most amazing article from Right at Home regarding organizing clothing swap. The following article comes from Right at Home and I wanted to share with my readers in the hopes of maybe this is a way they too can save money. I would love to do it, I just have to get the friends together. Not only is this frugal, but it is FREE shopping! I'm in!
What could be better than getting a new outfit without spending a cent?
When Carla lost 20 pounds, she needed a new wardrobe—and to get rid of the old one. Her solution: host a clothing swap. She invited friends to bring over clothes they no longer wore, and everyone took turns "shopping" for treasures.
Carla's swap became an annual tradition. After the birth of her twin daughters, it expanded to include baby clothes. Since kids outgrow clothes so quickly, says Carla, "it's nice to know someone else is going to use them."
Make sure everyone knows that the clothes they bring should be clean and free of stains, rips or other damage. Also, arrange to donate any items your guests don't want to a charity or shelter.
Add a little extra fun to your swap—treat your friends to glasses of Super Fruity Sangria.
With the money you save by swapping, you'll be able to treat yourself, too. A handbag to go with your "new" wardrobe, perhaps.
I hope this new way of "shopping and saving" works for you.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment