Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Game Night

What are you doing to save your family money? Have you found yourself cutting back on something you enjoy doing? Have you been staying home more? What about a family fun night? Is this something a lot of families want to do, but always say "I don’t have the time"? For a while, it seemed that was what we always said, until now.

Two weeks ago, we officially started "Family Game Night". One night a week, and it varies per week depending on my husband’s work schedule, we (myself, husband and two children, as our third child is still too young), set aside 1 hour (sometimes more depending on the game and how much fun we are having), and have Family Game Night. It can be a game of Memory, which really gets your brain moving into quick thinking mode, a game of dice - ever heard of Farkle? Love it! Amazing game that our 6 year old daughter taught us, who learned it from her grandparents while at camp this past Summer. How about some Scrabble? I am queen at that game, of course my son would definitely question that as he says some of my words aren’t really words, but I keep telling him that somewhere in this wonderful world of ours, someone spells it that way, may be a different language, or just different grammar, but that I am right - (calls for some fun discussions, but all in all, it is plain fun!

What family fun nights are you having??? If there is something you can share with me for my family to do, please let me know. I am always up for different ideas.

No comments: