A few weeks ago, we received our local Times Union daily paper and in it are all sorts of ads on plain sheets of paper. Normally, I throw these out, but for some reason, on this day, I looked at them, and I am glad I did.
One of the sheets was for a new business that opened up close to our home. They provide a service, one that most of us HATE doing, or just don't have the time to do - return bottles and cans.
We do return our bottles and cans, though do some after a long period of accumulation. That's when my husband gets frustrated from the pile in our garage. Well, yesterday my husband loaded up his truck and off he went to Mike's Bottle & Can Center. We wash out all of our bottles and store them in plastic bags we received from the grocery store, so there is no yucky smell to them. He approached Mike, the owner, and asked what the protocol was to this. He was a very nice man, and asked if he knew how many total we had, which we didn't so, he said no problem, I will count them. Danny had errands to run, so he left and did those while Mike counted each and every bottle/can we had. We had over 400 cans/bottles to return - WOW that is an accumulation to say the least! Total cash received $23.15.
This is such an awesome idea that I need to spread the word to EVERYONE.
All Brands Accepted - ALL! No count limits. You don't even have to get out of your car.
I have no idea how they make money because they give you the full 5¢ deposit back on all bottles/cans.
Mike's Bottle & Can Center is located at 19A Vatrano Road, Albany. Their phone number is 459-3676. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 11am - 7pm, Saturday 9am-3pm, Closed Sunday (he does need to sleep).
Stop in and give Mike a try - what do you have to lose? Nothing actually, you have time to gain. Just think how much more time you will have instead of feeding 1 bottle/can at a time into those machines, that at times either won't accept a bottle/can, or jam. How aggravating!!!
Check out Mike's Bottle & Can Center here. And if you have any questions, give him a call.
I was very pleased with this service and will definately continue using it. We need more local services like this.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment