I won yet another houseparty from www.houseparty.com On Sunday, February 1, 2009 I will be hosting a Velveeta Superbowl party at my house. This years Superbowl is between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals. I, honestly, do not like either team. I am a Jets fan, though if I had to pick a team for this game I would choose Cardinals, only because my late mother-in-law LOVED Cardinals (the birds NOT football team).
As a hostess of this party, I received my party package last week which included chip clips and plastic containers to hold your Velveeta cheese in (for future purchases), together with recipes and $1.00 off coupons for future purchases of Velveeta cheese AND Ro-Tel tomatoes. The items mentioned I will be giving to my guests free for coming to my party - yes, an incentive to come over (lol). I ALSO received 3 bags of Nabisco chips, 1 large block of Velveeta cheese and 1 can of Ro-tel tomatoes to make a dip, 1 bowl to hold the dip in, and etch-a-sketch cups for everyone to put their names on so they don’t misplace them. Hmm, am I missing anything else??? Nope, that’s it!
I am very excited about winning, though not too excited about the goodies. I thought maybe they would have sent some more cheese to make more dips with. Don’t get me wrong, I am extremely appreciative of what I did get, and am able to share with my friends. What I am disappointed about is the fact that I had no intention of having a huge party (which I am now), and I have to make tons of hor deurves for my guests, which right now, in this economy is going to cost a pretty penny. Hmmm, what do I have in my cabinets? My husband would say nothing, but my friends would beg to differ. They would definitely say there is something in there to eat - moreso than not!
So, here is my menu for this Velveeta Superbowl party. I can honestly say this is going to probably be the only superbowl party without wings!!!
Pulled pork sandwiches (cooked the day before in the crock pot);
Mini slider sandwiches (mini hamburgers) (made the day before and cooked during the party);
Hot dogs (kids are coming, so this is perfect for them), which will be cooked during the party);
Veggie platter;
Tons of dips for chips, veggies, crackers, etc..
Homemade Guacamole;
Homemade Spinach & Artichoke dip;
Cheese & Pepperoni tray;
I will let you know how it turns out after the party.
If you want to try to win some “free” parties, click here and enter your information. www.houseparty.com
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment