I know Christmas is over this year, though my friend, Alicia, just told me about something she read and I thought it was such a great idea, I wanted to share with everyone, as this is something I will be planning on doing next year with the kids. It is never too late to plan, right??
Ok, so if you have any Christmas books, put them away until next year (with your Christmas stuff of course so you don’t forget!). Most of us start decorating after Thanksgiving, so when pulling out your packed away “children” Christmas books, individually wrap each of them and put them in a basket.
Starting December 1st, and every night thereafter until December 24th, have your child(ren) pick one wrapped book out of the basket (if more than one child, have them alternate picking nights). Each night sit with your child(ren) and read that book. What an amazing advent! Each year thereafter do the same thing, no need to purchase new books, read the same ones over and over. How amazing is this? Spending time with your child(ren) reading Christmas stories. This is memory making, and something your child(ren) will always remember doing with you.
No matter how old your child is, it is never too late to read with them.
I need to go through my girls books to see what Christmas stories we have, though I know I will be going to Borders at some point this week to pick up a few extra. If you don’t have 24 books, now is the time to pick up some books for cheap (Borders has 50-75% off now).
Is this something you think you will do????
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment