Monday, January 11, 2010

Walgreens

Walgreens has a variety of womens shampoos, conditioners and hair products on clearance from $1.29 - $2.59. I went the other day and picked up "Chemistry" shampoo and conditioner, regularly priced at $7.99 marked down to $2.49, AND Loreal spray marked down to $2.49 and I was able to use a $1.00 off coupon, making each $1.49. HELLO - this is "stock up" time.

I do not know exactly what is marked down or what is left, but if Walgreens is in your driving path, I would suggest making a stop to see what they have and what possibly you could use.

I also bought AXE shampoo and Gillette shampoo for men (Danny & Brendan) at $1.59 a bottle. I bought 6 bottles total, so with the length of their hair, that pretty much should get them through the entire year. (6 x $1.59 = $9.54 - that is quite a bit of savings to our household don't you think?)

I also bought Clairol hair color for $1.59 a box (I bought 2 boxes). As much as I love my hairdresser Stacey, I think to save costs for the winter time since my hair is one color right now, I will do this myself and continue getting hair trims. I have NEVER tried Clairol, though read the box thoroughly and from reading the coverage percentage of grays, it sold me. Yes, I have grays - shh, don't tell anyone (lol). Anyways, they have other hair colors marked down. Different manufacturers and different colors - see if they have one for you!

If you do go, please let me know what you get and how much money you saved your family.

Happy Savings!
Tracy

2 comments:

hcfischer1 said...

I bought (9) Walgreens jumbo pack size 5 diapers on clearance for $2.19 a piece at the Clifton Park store. The only sizes left were newborn, size 1, and size 2 but maybe other stores have them too. There were a lot of "last chance" items. I also picked up (2) Walgreens brand "94" black print cartridges for a HP printer for $4/ cartridge.

Tracy said...

WOW - that is awesome - I wish my Walgreens had those on sale, though I am trying to get my youngest out of diapers at the moment! Thanks for the great tip.